When to Enroll
Most Medicare beneficiaries will be able to switch coverage between October 15 and December 7. If you make a change during this period, your new coverage will begin January 1.
There may be other times of the year that you can join MediGold if certain special exceptions apply. These exceptions may apply if you:
- Are new to Medicare.
- Recently moved out of the service area of your current plan.
- Recently moved into MediGold’s service area.
- Recently moved to the U.S. after residing outside the U.S.
- Have both Medicare and Medicaid.
- Receive Extra Help to pay for Medicare drug coverage.
- Are no longer eligible for Extra Help to pay for your drug costs.
- Belong to a pharmacy assistance program.
- Live in or have recently moved out of a long-term care facility.
- Recently left a PACE (Programs of All-inclusive Care for the Elderly) program.
- Recently lost your creditable drug coverage.
- Recently left an employer or union group.
You also have an annual disenrollment period from January 1 through February 14. During this period, however, you may only switch from your current plan to Original Medicare. If you choose to switch to Original Medicare during this period, you can also enroll in a separate Medicare prescription drug plan at the same time. See our Enrollment & Eligibility FAQ for instructions on how to disenroll.
Last Updated 10/1/2014 8:01:14 AM