At MediGold, we take pride in our network of physicians and ancillary providers who provide our members with quality care and services.
This page is to be used as a resource for physicians and other providers who participate in the MediGold Provider Network or are interested in participation. From this page you can gain access to a variety of helpful links, documents and forms.
For information about Credentialing, please click here.
For access to MediGold's provider portal, with access to claims, remit and eligibility information, please complete the Portal Set Up form. A Provider Relations Specialist will complete your set up and return your login information.
If you have been assigned a password, access the Portal here.
Annual Fraud, Waste and Abuse and Compliance Training Requirements
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) requires all First Tier, Downstream or Related Entities (FDRs), providers and staff who provide services to a Medicare Advantage plan or Medicare prescription drug plan to complete Fraud, Waste and Abuse Training and Compliance Training annually. Please review the MediGold FWA Training and MediGold Compliance Training documents and complete and return the Attestation below by no later than December 31, 2014.
Please return the completed Attestation by mail, e-mail, or fax to MediGold’s Compliance Officer:
Jennifer Calder, RN, CPHQ
6150 E. Broad St., EE320
Columbus, OH 43213
614-546-3146 – fax
Important Facts about the Fraud, Waste and Abuse Training and Compliance Training
- It is the responsibility of all first tier, downstream or related entities (FDRs), contracted providers, facilities, hospitals, and ancillary providers, such as durable medical equipment suppliers, to complete this mandatory training no later than December 31, 2014, and annually thereafter.
- In an effort to reduce the burden on providers, if providers and their staff have already completed Fraud, Waste and Abuse and/or Compliance training provided by another Medicare Advantage plan or through CMS, attestation of the training will be accepted by MediGold.
- Physicians within a group practice as well as staff within each organization must complete the training.
- Training provided by MediGold is free of charge.
- Providers must attest to both physicians and staff completing the training.
- Ancillary providers must also attest that all staff has completed training.
- For additional assistance or to receive a hard copy of materials, please contact Provider Relations.
FWA and Compliance Training Documents and Forms
Prior Authorization Requirements
Effective July 1, 2011, referring physicians are required to obtain prior authorization from Care to Care for the following outpatient diagnostic imaging studies (unless provided in an emergency room or observation setting):
- Nuclear Cardiology
ALERT: Please Submit Online Prior Authorizations for High-Tech Radiology Procedures through Care-to-Care’s Upgraded CARE Portal @ https://medigold.careportal.com/, as the portal URL has changed.
For direct access to Care to Care's website, click here. To obtain a Care to Care Prior Authorization form for MediGold members, click here. For a list of outpatient advanced imaging services that require prior authorization, click here.
To obtain a prior authorization form for a MediGold member for services other than outpatient advanced imaging services, please refer to the Frequently Used Documents and Forms section below to obtain an authorization form.
Last Updated 1/24/2014 7:44:11 AM
Frequently Used Documents and Forms
Claims guidelines and forms
Prior Authorization Request Form
2013 POV Questionnaire with Prior Authorization Request Form (by region)
Non-plan providers interested in disputing the payment amount should fax a "Claim Request for Review" form to MediGold's Audit department. Instructions for completing this form are located at this link.
The Claim Request for Review process does not apply to cases when a claim is denied; those cases should be forwarded under MediGold's standard appeal process.
Frequently used links
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- Durable Medical Equipment Regional Carrier
- Evaluation and Management Services Guide
- Ohio KePRO
- Part A - Fiscal Intermediary
- Part B - Regional Carrier
- Regional Home Health and Hospice Intermediary
Last Updated 1/24/2014 3:07:27 PM
MediGold's Quality Care Passport Program
In an effort to improve members’ health and wellbeing, MediGold is introducing its Quality Care Passport Program.
All MediGold members will receive a passport kit in the mail. The kit provides an overview of the program and serves as a means of organizing both members’ medical information and future program communications from MediGold.
The kit contains a checklist of preventive services available to the member and an annual Personal Health Record the member is encouraged to complete. MediGold suggests members bring this kit with them to their appointments. The kit contains pockets for the mailings members will receive throughout the year. MediGold will be sending
various communication pieces to its members, including:
Quality Care Tips: advice to help members create and maintain healthy habits
Quality Care Reminders: notifications of covered services a member has yet to receive for the year or benefit period
Quality Care Alerts: notices to act immediately to schedule an appointment with the appropriate physician for a condition specific to that member
Quality Care Connect: information about available health screenings, Nurse Care Manager calls, and surveys
Quality Care Rewards: rewards given to members for progress made in managing their health Additional information on the Quality Passport Program will soon be available at MediGold.com.
Contact the Provider Call Center at 1-800-991-9907 for more details.
Last Updated 1/18/2013 10:25:58 AM